Wednesday 18 March 2009

A Few pictures of my car boot finds and ginger boy

This is my ginger boy,you can usually find him here every morning after he has been out all night he comes in has his breakfast then he sleeps there following the sun along the top of the sofa,then he has his supper and away out for the night,this is just one of my cats i must try and take pictures of the rest of them.He is a great hunter and is never far from the house his only fault is he is not to keen on my neighbours cat but i think Sooty feels the same.
The car boot sale has started to become really good again for bargains.I bought the herb pot for £1 some of the glaze is missing but i thought once there is plants in it know one would notice it.The metal pail and the chicken grain ladle was £2 i have been looking for one of these for awhile now,my friends laugh at me i keep telling them if you look hard enough each week it will be there,i overheard a lady saying to her friend there is everything to found here even the kitchen sink and i looked round and there was one so we started to laugh and they were right.
The old mixing bowl was £1.50 and the blue/white enamel pie dish was 50p and the pressure cooker was a find at £3.50 i have just started to use the pressure cooker again as it saves so much time and money,i bought one new from Argos at christmas time and it was not cheap,so i am glad to have came across this one it is in good condition.


This ottoman was £3.50 i passed it 3 times and i thought if it is still there when i go back it is comming home with me, and this bolster was another find it was £4.00 the lady selling it had loads and loads of lovely fresh linen,towels tablecloths,and bedding but by this time my purse was empty.



I know what you must be thinking sledges,but they were only £1 each when it snowed the shops were sold out and the ones you could buy were expensive so better to be prepared i say.My friend asked me to look out for a basket for the kids toys again they were £2.00 each then a bag of wool.Soi had a great day on Sunday and everything was a bargain.The chickens are laying well i am hoping to buy a few more this weekend.A friend has asked if they could plant potatoes in my garden as they don't have space,they will share the harvest with me i am just pleased to see the ground used,i just wish i had more time for the garden as the soil is really good for all vegetables,hopefully my fruits trees i have bought will bare fruit this year so i will keep you posted.Hope you are all having a good week so far.Take care~Kate~




5 comments:

.Homemakers Tales said...

Your a woman after my own heart Kate didn't you do well and yes if you look hard enough you will find the very thing you need ...Love Kieren x

Cannyfinds said...

Thought you could sneak in those baskets did you? you know youll be found out, you cant hide from me lol. The herb planter looks nice, what you going to plant? I have a chive bush if you want some
XX Diane

Anonymous said...

Wow You had such a wonderful car boot shop!
You have have a great blog here, so glad I came over.
Thankyou ever so much for the lovely message you left on by blog. now I know where you are i'll come and see you too.
Hope to have my 'giveaway up tomorrow
xx
Sumea

Lyn said...

I can see the pail with lots of flowers in it or are you going to use it to actually carry things around in?!
I never find any bargains at boot sales-maybe I don't look hard enough!
love
Lyn
xxx

Anonymous said...

A pressure cooker for £3.50?? What a find! I've just bought a new one after my old faithful finally fell to bits. It's not as good as the old ones. Well done! :)